This 5-days Basic Photography workshop is designed for beginners who want to learn how to operate their cameras properly and make interesting pictures about life around them. The workshop will be a mix of in-class lectures and practical shooting exercises.
• Each participant must have his or her own camera.
• The workshop will be based on compact camera and/or DSLR functions.
• The workshop will be open to a maximum of 12 participants.
• Participants must be prepared to work hard throughout the workshop and spend more than 3-4 hours shooting each day!
Workshop will cover the following topics;
• Introduction + history of photography
• Getting to know your camera
• Understanding Exposure (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO)
• Composition and content
• Visual styles and Master photographers
• Basic street + portrait photography
• Basic Photojournalism
• Experience sharing with local photojournalists and photographers
Date: 20-24 March 2018
Time: 7 to 9 am
Venue: Birgunj Metropolis Office, Conference Hall !
To apply, please submit the following;
• Application form(https://docs.google.com/
• Send 10 of your strongest images.
• Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline 5:00 pm, 18 March 2018
• Dalit and differently abled people are encouraged to apply.
• Selection will be done by the head instructor and other members at Sanskriti on the basis of 10 photos sent to Sanskriti.
About the tutor
Kishor Sharma (b. 1983) is a visual storyteller and photography educator. He strives to explore and understand human societies through photography.
He has a Masters’ degree in Mass Communication and Journalism from Purwanchal University, Nepal and also completed Advanced Visual Storytelling course from the Danish School of Media and Journalism in Aarhus, Denmark.
His photographs have been published in TIME, Asian Geographic, Caravan Magazine, Gallerie International, RAW View Magazine, Nepali Times, Republica among others and have been exhibited at various galleries and photo festivals in Nepal, India, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Finland, Australia, France, UK and Japan.
He was awarded with Asia Prize in Photo City Sagamihara 14th General Photography festival for his long term work on Nepali nomads and the whole portfolio has been acquired by the Sagamihara City Museum, Japan.
He is currently based in and works from Kathmandu and also teaches photography/
The workshop has been supported by वीरगंज महानगरपालिका , Pappu Construction, Sima itta udhyog, Birgunj Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Mohit Group Nepal.
In association with Rel-events Management Pvt. Ltd and Adsbee Media
For questions and/or further information please contact, 9855020717